Cats and Kittens
How To Adopt At OCHS
OCHS strives to place each animal in a home where the pet can thrive and have a life long relationship with their family. If there is an animal you are interested in adopting, you must complete an adoption application. Applications can be submitted online or in person at the shelter. Each application is reviewed to determine if the home is suitable for the individual pet’s needs. Arrangements will need to be made for you to meet the animal in person before your application can be completely approved. Some of our animals are in foster homes or are out of the facility for the day, please call ahead to ensure the animal is onsite for your visit.
- In the case of multiple applications being submitted for the same animal, the staff will choose the home that best fits the needs of the animal.
- Submitting an application for an animal is not a guarantee of placement.
- All adopters must be at least 18 years of age and provide a photo ID.
- If you rent your home, landlord approval is required.
- We reserve the right to perform a home visit prior to approval.
This article on how to choose the right cat for your family may be useful.
Choosing a Cat
Use our online adoption form, or you can download an application here and mail it to us at:
2840 Rhododendron Dr.,
Florence OR 97493
or fax it to 541-902-1586.
Online Adoption Application for Cats