Services We Provide Include:
- Animal Adoptions
- Low Cost Spay and Neuter (not available at present time)
- Financial Aid For Medical Care
- Shelter for Homeless Animals
- Animal Rescues
- Pet Lost and Found
- Stray Housing for pickups by the Police Dept
- Nail Clipping
- Volunteer Program
- Animal Food Program
- Public Education on the humane treatment of companion animals.
Spay / Neuter Clinics (not available at present time)
OCHS is not able to offer spay and neuter services at the present time.
If you are in need of low cost spay neuter services, please contact:
Veneta Veterinary Hospital
88233 Territorial Rd., Veneta, OR 97487 (541) 935-4151 http://venetavet.com/
132 N Wasson, Coos Bay, OR 541-808-2377 http://www.snippedinfo.com/
WAG Willamette Animal Guild
3045 Royal Ave, Eugene, OR (541) 345-3566 http://wagwag.org/
In certain instances, we are able to offer income-based, sliding-scale assistance for spay/neuter fees. Please call the Shelter to inquire.
Appointments are Required to Surrender a Dog or Cat
Making the decision to give up your pet can be very difficult. In many cases, we can help you come up with alternative solutions to help you keep your four-legged family member. We can offer advice, and, in some cases, assistance with behavior and/or medical issues. Call or stop by for more information. 541-997-4277
- You must call or come to the shelter, to fill out an Intake Request form and a Pet Personality form. This does not guarantee your animal will be placed with us, but does put you in line for consideration.
- An examination and/or behavior assessment may be conducted prior to your animal being granted intake. OCHS cannot take feral cats, or people-aggressive dogs.
- We do charge surrender fees as follows:
Spayed/Neutered Cat: $25.00, not spayed or neutered: $50.00
Spayed/Neutered Dog: $50.00, not spayed or neutered $100.00
Litters with mom: $45.00 for the mother and $10.00 per kitten or puppy
Litters without mom: $45.00 minimum
When you find a stray dog within the city limits, please contact the Florence Police Department at 541-997-3515 for pick up. For strays outside the city limits, please call the shelter and talk to staff about options. Not every loose dog is a stray. We keep a Lost and Found report. We may already know who the dog belongs to, and can help you reunite the dog with it’s owner.
Our cat areas are consistently full. There may not be space to take in a stray cat or kitten. Please call the shelter for space availability at 541-997-4277
Emergency Veterinary Services
The Oregon Coast Humane Society does not have a full time veterinarian on call.
In a medical emergency, there are two veterinary clinics in Florence:
Oceanside Veterinary Hospital
1739 W.22nd St. 541-997-9300
Osburn Veterinary Clinic
1730 Kingwood St. 541-902-2013
The next 3 clinics are outside of Florence:
Osburn Veterinary Clinic
130 E. Railroad Ave., Reedsport 541-271-5824
Lower Umpqua Veterinary Clinic
199 Port Dock Rd., Reedsport 541-271-4696
Emergency Veterinarian Hospital (24hrs)
103 W. Q St., Springfield 541-746-0112